How does it work?
The asset tracker contains hardware and logical processing to calculate position based upon GPS satellite signals and Cell Tower Trilateration. The asset tracker wakes up periodically based upon a user-selectable interval to calculate and issue a GPS location.
Can I use the asset tracker outside or in a marine environment?
Yes, the asset tracker is weatherproof.
How big is the asset tracker?
The asset tracker is just under 5 inches long by 3 inches wide by 1.1 inches tall.
Does the asset tracker come with a warranty?
The asset tracker comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Is the asset tracker rechargeable?
- The asset tracker is rechargeable with a typical cell phone charger (Android-style micro-USB connector).
- You may use the supplied USB cable.
- Additionally, you may use the supplies USB cable to connect to a computer or vehicle USB port.
Where should I put the asset tracker? How do I install it?
- Make sure the battery is charged
- Try mounting the asset tracker in a location that is more open to the sky.
- Check whether there is any metal covering the top of the asset tracker
Why does my asset tracker sometimes miss a GPS report?
If your asset tracker is in a location that does not have good cell reception, it may save the GPS report and send it later.
- Your asset tracker is on 1-day reporting while it is not moving, 1-hour report while in movement.
- It wakes up and issues a GPS report at 2:00 PM
- It wakes up to issue a report at 2:00 PM the next day but does not have a strong enough cell signal.
- It goes back to sleep to try again at 4:00 PM
- At 4:00 PM, it has a good cell signal. It sends in the 2:00 PM report AND the 4:00 PM report at this time
How do I charge my asset tracker?
- Remove the circular end-cap from the asset tracker.
- Inside, you will see a Micro-USB port
- Use a typical cell phone charger (with a USB connector) to charge the asset tracker
- Alternatively, you may use the provided USB cable and connect to a cell charger, computer, or vehicle USB port
- It takes up to 5 hours to achieve a full charge from a fully depleted battery
- After charging, place the circular endcap back on the asset tracker to maintain weather-proofing